Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Early Season Comparison
(10-06-2021, 04:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not sure if Herbert would be the same player if he was a Bengal.
Chargers have done very well with him.
Even if Herbert ends up being the better QB down the road, I think Burrow will be a very good QB and was the safer pick.
The Bengals needed safe picks given how bad they've been the past 3-5 years.

I like this post because it specifically addresses the OP.

You disagree and think Burrow was the better fit for this franchise.  That's your opinion and I respect it.

I disagree with your uncertainty on whether JH would have been the same player as a Bengal, and the ONLY reason I say that is because, being retired, I have recently spent a lot of time on the Chargers' website just trying to get to know this kid and their franchise, and I see a lot of similarities from the coaches to the players as far as attitudes and goals are concerned.

(I knew absolutely nothing about JH outside of the fact he was being looked at in the 2020 draft.  I had never seen any film of him at all.)

If you're inclined, I would like to hear why you question his role as a Bengals, opposed to a Charger, not to debate, but to find out maybe you have seen something I missed. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting Early Season Comparison - bengalguy71 - 10-06-2021, 04:42 PM