Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Early Season Comparison
(10-06-2021, 04:42 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I like this post because it specifically addresses the OP.

You disagree and think Burrow was the better fit for this franchise.  That's your opinion and I respect it.

I disagree with your uncertainty on whether JH would have been the same player as a Bengal, and the ONLY reason I say that is because, being retired, I have recently spent a lot of time on the Chargers' website just trying to get to know this kid and their franchise, and I see a lot of similarities from the coaches to the players as far as attitudes and goals are concerned.

(I knew absolutely nothing about JH outside of the fact he was being looked at in the 2020 draft.  I had never seen any film of him at all.)

If you're inclined, I would like to hear why you question his role as a Bengals, opposed to a Charger, not to debate, but to find out maybe you have seen something I missed. 

The concerns with Herbert:
- His quiet demeanor and general lack of leadership
- Coming from Oregon's spread offense. Would he be able to translate to the NFL pro-style offense well?
- Had some challenges handling pressure in the pocket

Herbert was arguably the most physically gifted QB prospect in the class though, so if a team could the above working, he could be great.

I didn't have confidence the Bengals had good enough coaches to turn a QB with questions into a good player. I felt they needed the safe guy who was NFL-ready. I felt Burrow was the most NFL-ready QB in that draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting Early Season Comparison - ochocincos - 10-06-2021, 04:48 PM