Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Early Season Comparison
(10-06-2021, 04:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The concerns with Herbert:
- His quiet demeanor and general lack of leadership
- Coming from Oregon's spread offense. Would he be able to translate to the NFL pro-style offense well?
- Had some challenges handling pressure in the pocket

Herbert was arguably the most physically gifted QB prospect in the class though, so if a team could the above working, he could be great.

I didn't have confidence the Bengals had good enough coaches to turn a QB with questions into a good player. I felt they needed the safe guy who was NFL-ready. I felt Burrow was the most NFL-ready QB in that draft.

From the film I've been able to digest and videos and articles on their website, Burrow 'might' be a 'little' more of an extrovert, but from what I can tell, I don't see a 'big' difference in that to MAKE a difference, and I think he is a leader, that's all based upon this year, because I didn't watch him in college or last year whatsoever.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to get deep into offense styles and stuff, but I do know that in the Burrow/Boomer sit down, Boomer asked him if there were similarities to what the Bengals run opposed to LSU, and he commented on the similarities of the spread offense, again, will concede to that because I don't get that deep.

You talk about a safe pick with Burrow and that is probably spot on, as I have said, my observation was hindsight, after seeing where they line up after 4 games this year.

Kind of one of those, as it turned out, it would have been a win with either pick.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting Early Season Comparison - bengalguy71 - 10-06-2021, 05:31 PM