Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What I would do with C. J. Uzomah
(11-11-2015, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Nothing in my response proves your point.  I am well aware that Gronk would employ moves to try and shed Uzo in press coverage.  I am also well aware that coverage is about more than just size and speed.  But I also know that there is a lot of "physicality" involved in playing press coverage and there is a big difference between a receiver being being jammed by a DB who weighs 200 lbs and one who weighs 265.  It is much easier for Gronk to shed a DB who weighs 200 instead of 265.

We have 2 months to train C.J.  Playing press coverage requires a lot of technique, but it is not rocket science.

The key is realizing that Brady is most effective when throwing quick, short timing passes. They don't live on having Gronk shed the DB and run deep routes.  So far in 8 games Brady has only attempted 22 passes thrown more than 20 yards past the line of scrimmage and does not have a single TD.  221 of his 289 attempts have been less than 10 yards downfield.  We have to do something to effect his timing on these short throws.

So what do they do in a bunch formation? Often times in a bunch formation you have to pass a guy to someone else because otherwise you will get picked. So now you have Uzomah on Edelman? What about if they stack someone in front of Gronk so it is impossible to jam him? He would be a liability, and it is a bad idea. Belicheck would spot this and easily take advantage of it. Sorry, it is a dumb idea and one I would expect from someone who has no knowledge in how the game actually works other than watching it passively on TV.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What I would do with C. J. Uzomah - Au165 - 11-11-2015, 02:12 PM