Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Sunday Is The First Test For This Defense
(10-06-2021, 06:47 PM)Joelist Wrote: I still maintain that the tendency on this board to always try to minimize anything the team or its players accomplish is a bit over the top. Like it or not they HAVE played well on defense and they ARE much more in sync offensively now. The Bears game was weird because a lot of the issue was Zac handcuffing his own offense by not allowing it to go deep. When he did they scored quickly.

The REAL key is whether Zac will get out of the way of his team and let them play - let Burrow be Burrow and so on. The D will overall handle its end and keep the score manageable and if the offense is unshackled we could have ourselves a shootout.

I can't speak for anyone besides myself and this is my opinion on the team and my thoughts on what the so called downers on the board mean.

While I somewhat agree, since I said earlier this season that even if the team won the Super Bowl, some fans would find faults in the game, my view is cautiously optimistic, which I feel like describes 90% of the people you want to say are minimizing things. People want the team to win and want the team to do well, but look at their history under Mike Brown. 0 playoff wins. The shit show that was the 90's. Taylor's head coaching record overall. 

People have every right to be wary of this team. Nowhere did I see anyone saying they hope Green Bay smacks the team and makes the homers realize things. Nope... not anywhere.

What people are saying is, "Hey, this is a good offense and a real test for the defense." Meaning, hey, this is a game where they can show us all that this is the new norm for the team. 

That isn't unfair, that doesn't make anyone a downer or less of a fan, it just is a chance for the team to make believers out of people who have been let down by this franchise for decades, that they really have turned the corner.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Sunday Is The First Test For This Defense - Murdock2420 - 10-06-2021, 07:32 PM