Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What I would do with C. J. Uzomah
(11-11-2015, 02:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: So what do they do in a bunch formation? Often times in a bunch formation you have to pass a guy to someone else because otherwise you will get picked. So now you have Uzomah on Edelman? What about if they stack someone in front of Gronk so it is impossible to jam him? He would be a liability, and it is a bad idea. Belicheck would spot this and easily take advantage of it. Sorry, it is a dumb idea and one I would expect from someone who has no knowledge in how the game actually works other than watching it passively on TV.

In most "bunch formations" the TE is still on the LOS.  That way you use the bigger player to create the pick or rub, or else you have him in front as a blocker on the bubble screens so many teams run out of that formation.  In those cases we could still use Uzo on Gronk. 

If they line Gronk up in the backfield then we still might use Uzo to jam the receiver on the LOS.  If it is Edleman then he will get crushed.

If we do check to a zone it would probably be a match-up zone where the defender sticks with the player that comes through his zone.  In that case you could still have Uzo jamming the first player off the LOS.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What I would do with C. J. Uzomah - fredtoast - 11-11-2015, 02:34 PM