Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do I Find Section 8 Housing Near Me?
(10-06-2021, 05:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I did have her call but she didn't get anywhere besides for a "we'll call you back," which they haven't.

I'm doing a lot for her because she doesn't have the family support or anyone around her to help.

She's not stupid but she just doesn't know how to go about doing everything.  

Quote:How to find houses for rent from owners who accept Section 8 vouchers | Trulia

Once you have a voucher, you need to find houses for rent by owners who accept Section 8. Many renters report that finding these landlords can be a challenge. And a study prepared for HUD reached the same conclusion. But Section 8 listings do exist in many cities, and one of the easiest ways to find them is with Trulia’s rental search.
  • Start by entering the city, neighborhood, or even a school you’d like to live near into the search bar.
  • Click on “more” near the top of the search results page.
  • Enter “Section 8” in the field labeled “keyword.”
  • Click “Search.” Your results will include all houses for rent by owners who accept Section 8 and include that fact in their listing.
As with all rental listings on Trulia, these listings will help you scope out the area before you even visit, using the Google Street View function, the amenities map showing places to eat and things to do nearby, plus see crime rates, commute times, and nearby schools. When you find a place you like, just fill out a rental application and include your Section 8 status.

When you click on the "More" button, you have to scroll down.....
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread