Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wisconsin Assembly passes ban on teaching critical race theory
(10-07-2021, 10:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yep.  They want the white "right" history lessons taught.  

My parents were alive when white people would stand and scream at black people just trying to go to a school and wouldn't let black people eat at the same diners and restaurants.

But people what to act now like racism is in the distant past of America.

I think the main concern for most people, when you actually listen to what they say instead of getting your talking points from liberal sources, is that you can't solve racism with racism.  Yes, I know people like you think only white people can be racist, which in itself is a racist point of view.  I also get that many white liberals (I know because I'm friends with a lot of them and CA is packed to the gills with them) are so desperate to be seen as "allies", and/or are equally terrified of being labeled a racist that they will happily engage in behavior they claim to despise.

Just so we're all familiar with the ground rules, anyone can be racist.  Go to Central or South America and see how black and indigenous populations are treated.  Go to China and see how they treat anyone who isn't Chinese.  Racism is not, never was, and never will be a white person only problem.  Soooooo, if you want to have a real, constructive, conversation about race and the history of the US, I doubt you'll find many people opposed.  When you want to teach a group that they should feel bad about themselves because of their ethnicity or that you're a perpetual victim because of your ethnicity you run into this problem.

Lastly, please don't bother trying to fob off these classes as anything but the latter.  I have several friends who are teachers, I've seen the lesson plans.  Maybe CA is worse than other states in this regard, but from what I've seen it seems about on par with other states.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wisconsin Assembly passes ban on teaching critical race theory - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-07-2021, 12:07 PM