Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do I Find Section 8 Housing Near Me?
(10-07-2021, 07:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't know how Section 8 works other than it being government aided.  I thought she said she paid half her rent and the government paid the other half, so I figured why wouldn't most places accept that?

Her apartment over in Southgate seemed bigger and nicer than a lot of apartments that I've been to in this area, so I figured it was worth a shot.  

I live on College Park next to Thomas More but on the other side of Turkeyfoot, so you're correct there.

I just wish there was something I could do to help this girl because her only friends are me, her cat, and her 90-year-old neighbor that's creepy as hell.

Did a little more digging you might find this link of some help:

http://kyjustice.org/general-questions-about-subsidized-housing

Quote:There are two common kinds of Section 8. The first is tenant-based Section 8. Tenant based Section 8 gives you a "voucher" which can be used to rent any kind of housing (house, apartment or condominium) and with any landlord that is willing to accept it. If you receive a voucher, you then have to go look for a home yourself. There are time limits for finding a home and the voucher can expire if you do not find a home in time. If you find someplace you want to rent and the landlord is willing to accept your Section 8 voucher, you then notify Section 8. If the home meets housing quality standards, reasonable rent standards, and other program requirements, then Section 8 should accept the home you found. If you decide to move out of this type of Section 8, your voucher goes with you and you can look for a new home to rent.

Project-based Section 8 is a privately owned apartment complex where some or all of the units are for Section 8 tenants. If you move out of this type of Section 8, the voucher does not go with you.

If you don't know what kind of Section 8 you receive, contact the agency that approved you for Section 8.

So your if your friend has a voucher then she should contact the agency that approved it as they should be able to help her find a place as well as walk her through what she needs to do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread