Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
You guys are overestimating the Mixon injury
(10-09-2021, 12:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I never said you could always find someone, I just stated there are quite a lot of guys on cheap contracts that are also performing well.
Most of these guys are Rd 3-4 picks. I don't consider those "high" draft picks. They are mid-round picks to me. So if I could get a decent starter in Rd 3-4 as a rookie, I like that.

The point was that the Bengals shouldn't feel like it's Mixon or bust.

My point is that if you don't think it is "Mixon or bust" then you have to find a RB as good as Mixon.

In the five years from '16-'20 there were 39 RBs drafted in the 3rd and 4th rounds.  Only ONE of those 39 has had a 1100 yard season like Mixon has (twice).  Even when you look at 2nd round picks only 3 of 13 have rushed for more yards than Mixon.

All this talk about how easy it is to find good RBs is not backed up by facts.  If you never sign a RB to a second contract then you are either burning a very high pick every 4 years or else gambling on the long odds of finding a good one after the first round.

Pointing out 6 or 7 decent RBs that were not taken in the first round is meaningless unless you look at the percentages.  Six or seven out of a hundred is not really that impressive.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You guys are overestimating the Mixon injury - fredtoast - 10-09-2021, 02:24 PM