Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What I would do with C. J. Uzomah
(11-11-2015, 04:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure exactly what you mean.  You have to go man-to-man at the line of scrimmage to have press coverage.

No team in the league plays cover-5 where every single player is in zone coverage.  Even in a cover-1 or cover-2 "zone coverages" most of the DBs are playing man coverage.

The DBs playing man-to-man in a zone scheme can play "off" or "press", but I don't know how you would play "press-zone".
Cover 2 Zone is one of the most common defenses in football, you can press the outside receivers as you have the flat and the safeties can pick them up over top. Below is a picture since you don't understand what zone defense is.

[Image: 4-3_cover_2.jpg]

As for your understanding of what zone defense is....you don't understand it at all. Cover 5 isn't a thing at all, and never has been (at least under this made up name of yours). Cover two isn't referring to how many guys are in zone or man it is a reference to guys over top. There are tons of teams who play zone coverage where all players are in zone besides the lineman, in fact that is what a true zone play is! The plays where guys are in man and safeties are in zone over top are considered man plays not zone.

Fred, now you are embarrassing yourself because everything in your post is simply wrong. It is common for people to think the outside guys are in man all the time, even when in zone, but often time they just have deep third responsibility, so you see them running downfield with the WR.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What I would do with C. J. Uzomah - Au165 - 11-11-2015, 04:52 PM