Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What I would do with C. J. Uzomah
(11-11-2015, 05:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not that simple.  If it were then every team would just line 3 receivers up on one side of the filed and someone would automatically be open.  Payers have zones, but they match up man-to-man based on where the receivers go.  And a defender does not just let a receiver go when he leaves the zone.

They align to the heavy side basically realigning their zone based on how they are lined up. Players don't always line up man to man, that is simply false.

Here is a zone versus a 3x1 setup
[Image: image007.png]

Often times an inside WR will be left uncovered when a team is running zone (sometimes they cover to make a QB think man), which is one of the ways you can tell it is zone. A defender does let a receiver go when they leave his zone, that is called passing him off to another zone, once again a very common technique.

Stop Fred, you are wrong and you are just digging yourself deeper. Go google what a zone defense and come back when you actually understand. Here let me help...

Understanding Man-to-Man Vs Zone Defense

There are two basic ways to structure a defense: 1) Man-to-Man and 2) Zone. The true difference between these defenses is Coverage, or how they protect against the pass.  In Man-to-Man, as the name suggests, the pass defenders are assigned to specific players.  But in Zone Coverage, the pass defenders cover a specific area or zone on the field.
- See more at: http://www.thecollegefootballgirl.com/football-terms/advanced/understanding-man-to-man-vs-zone-defense/#sthash.ZEKOOMEa.dpuf
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What I would do with C. J. Uzomah - Au165 - 11-11-2015, 05:08 PM