Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender vets now have a VA clinic
(11-11-2015, 06:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's like if someone argued someone isn't depressed by saying "I can't just call myself a Minotaur".

Because GD says that someone experiences distress because the gender they identify with is different from the gender associated with the sex they were assigned at birth. It doesn't mean they're making it up and it's a problem whose solution is teaching them to not be trans. 

I get that, I'm not attacking them like that.
As far as I know, people that have GID feel that they should be the opposite gender. To me, that's a feeling and feelings are transmutable. Now I'm no expert in this field (I haven't spent 150 credit hours sitting on my butt in a class room), but it seems to me that therapy could really help them connect to their physical gender. Problem is they need to be open to the therapy, most will probably resist it or won't seek out the proper help because of the stigma attached to getting help.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Houston voters respond: bathroom usage by anatomy - Mike M (the other one) - 11-11-2015, 06:41 PM