Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender vets now have a VA clinic
(11-11-2015, 06:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I get that, I'm not attacking them like that.
As far as I know, people that have GID feel that they should be the opposite gender. To me, that's a feeling and feelings are transmutable. Now I'm no expert in this field (I haven't spent 150 credit hours sitting on my butt in a class room), but it seems to me that therapy could really help them connect to their physical gender. Problem is they need to be open to the therapy, most will probably resist it or won't seek out the proper help because of the stigma attached to getting help.

As long as you're distinguishing between being trans and gender dysphoria, I don't see how anyone can see it as an attack. 

The trans people I know have sought out help in their transitions. I don't think a stigma is keeping them from seeking therapy that tries to suggest they do not transition. I think it's the fact that they realize they do not identify with that gender/sex, so they do not try to just cope. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Houston voters respond: bathroom usage by anatomy - BmorePat87 - 11-11-2015, 07:56 PM