Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What I would do with C. J. Uzomah
(11-11-2015, 05:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When I played each "zone" we still had a man assignment.  I played LB, not DB.  When I dropped into zone I still had a player I keyed based on the formation.  This was almost always a TE or a RB.  It could change if the offense lined up multiple WR to one side of the field.  So even though I was dropping into the same zone I had different reads.  The read would rotate based on the formation.

And if you watch a NFL defense backs play zone defense they still match up with a man and stick man-to-man.  I never played DB, but back when I played there was usually what was called a "one-high safety" which is what they would call cover-1 today.  Our other DBs would match up man-to-man based on how the offensive players lined up and ran thier routes.  They did not just sit in a zone and let their assignment go when he ran into another zone.   Our LBs would stay in zones, but the DBs stuck with their men.

Even in today's NFL the CB sticks with his man even when he runs into the deep zones.  The deep safeties in a cover 2 just provide help or pick up receivers running through the LB zones.  The CB does not just stop when the receiver enters the deep safety's zone.
No...just no
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What I would do with C. J. Uzomah - Au165 - 11-11-2015, 08:45 PM