Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On to Portsmouth; I Mean Detroit
(10-10-2021, 09:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Go Pack, go home!

Okay, the Bengals lost to the Cheeseheads but that’s life.  Now it’s time to travel up I-75 to take on the Detroit Lions which were previously known as the Portsmouth Spartans from 1928-34.  That’s right!  Portsmouth, the drug infested ghost town on the Ohio River, used to host an NFL franchise.  One day their owner said, “I’m enjoying the grimy coal plants, the crime, the bad schools, and the polluted river but it’s just not bone-chilling cold enough.  We’re moving to Detroit.”

The Detroit Lions are horrible.  Even the actual lions from the 1970s docu-series “Born Free” are more fearsome.  These aren’t your father’s Lions.  They aren’t even your grandfather’s Lions.  The last time Detroit won an NFL Championship was 1957.  That’s the year the Soviets launched Sputnik.  The last good hit the Lions had was when defensive lineman Alex Karras played Mongo in “Blazing Saddles” and knocked a horse out cold.  Okay, they had Calvin “Megatron” Johnson but, like the original Megatron, he lost his Allspark.

Now the Detroit Lions are bad.  Really bad.  This means it’s time for the Bengals to either (1) walk into a trap game and come out flat or (2) wipe the stadium with Lion fur.  It’s time for a statement game, not a squeaker.

No trap games especially when your 3-2 and not been very good over the last few years...could we not say Lions could see this as a trap game also
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: On to Portsmouth; I Mean Detroit - Essex Johnson - 10-10-2021, 09:34 PM