Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders' Gruden Used Racist Trope in Email
(10-11-2021, 02:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: This is overblown, but acting like cancel culture is new is also pretty stupid.  60 years ago people Didn't exactly laugh when john Lennon made his "bigger than Jesus" joke.

I will say people who were burned at the stake for their beliefs probably would have a real laugh at us acting like cancel culture is new and worse than ever.

I think the Raiders just want out of the Gruden era 5 years early.  Can he break .500 in year what year 4?  Ouch. 

When Lennon said that, his label didn't drop him and ruin his career. Also the internet - specifically social media - is storing every quote. In the past, the wackos didn't have an extensive database that tracked 20 years of random quotes by any and every person, so we can execute them for something they said decades ago.

The other thing you mention (burning people at the stake) is something that hasn't been commonplace in roughly 150ish years. If we don't call out cancel culture for what it is, we will eventually devolve back into burning people at the stake. Don't laugh. It's very possible.

Tbh, I don't see why anyone would defend cancel culture. Especially you. You have a great sense of humor. This trend has been death to comedy. We can't laugh about anything because we're supposed to feel miserable about every sin that's ever occurred. Every feeling that's ever been hurt.

We even have to feel bad about having this country because we stole the land from natives...even though natives did worse to each other. One tribe would dominate another tribe, scalp them, and "steal" their land. But we're bad because we won. I guess.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raiders' Gruden Used Racist Trope in Email - Shake n Blake - 10-11-2021, 02:46 PM