Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders' Gruden Used Racist Trope in Email
(10-11-2021, 03:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Im not defending cancel culture so much as just pointing out that it isn't new.  Treating it like emerging new crisis seems odd to me and gets mixed up im all this culture war stuff where people want to be a victim of cancel culture victimizing people. 

This Will go the same way as Josh Allen's n-bomb tweets.  Some people get upset, and some people get upset about people getting upset.  Am i getting upset about people getting upset about people getting upset?

It's nothing new, and I agree with that. There is a difference now though, and that's what I'm driving at. Twitter and the like are extremely powerful tools, where the rage mobs can reach billions at the click of a button, and they have an endless database of things to rage about.

The biggest problem now, is that corporations are now bending to the will of these mobs, which legitimizes their lunacy AND gives them power. That's the key difference between what happened back in the day with instances like what happened with Lennon.

That's not to say corporations never bent to the will of an angry mob before, but I'd say it's much more common now. We had a huge wave of changes made last year alone, and many or them were incredibly silly, such as Uncle Ben's rice and Aunt Jemima logos being linked to racism, when those links were clearly faulty. Still they bent to the pressure.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raiders' Gruden Used Racist Trope in Email - Shake n Blake - 10-11-2021, 03:55 PM