Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders' Gruden Used Racist Trope in Email
(10-11-2021, 03:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's nothing new, and I agree with that. There is a difference now though, and that's what I'm driving at. Twitter and the like are extremely powerful tools, where the rage mobs can reach billions at the click of a button, and they have an endless database of things to rage about.

The biggest problem now, is that corporations are now bending to the will of these mobs, which legitimizes their lunacy AND gives them power. That's the key difference between what happened back in the day with instances like what happened with Lennon.

That's not to say corporations never bent to the will of an angry mob before, but I'd say it's much more common now. We had a huge wave of changes made last year alone, and many or them were incredibly silly, such as Uncle Ben's rice and Aunt Jemima logos being linked to racism, when those links were clearly faulty. Still they bent to the pressure.

I hear ya, but tines change.  Gotta adapt or go the way of the dinos.  Before you say or type you have to remember that people are going to take things the wrong way.

An email from 10 years ago isn't quite as fair as a dumbass tweet.  People arent big on forgiveness and bygones and all that.  Every person now has access to global exposure and we have to start taking that into account.  

Act in haste, repent in leisure.  

Im not in a position to weigh in on the aunt jemima stuff, nor can I stop the company from changing their logo.  I'm free to own a poster of aunt jemima, though.  Die hard have their ways of keeping their treasured pancake lady.

I bet you can even have your name legally changed to Washington Redskin if you want. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raiders' Gruden Used Racist Trope in Email - Nately120 - 10-11-2021, 04:01 PM