Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders' Gruden Used Racist Trope in Email
(10-11-2021, 04:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya, but tines change.  Gotta adapt or go the way of the dinos.  Before you say or type you have to remember that people are going to take things the wrong way.

An email from 10 years ago isn't quite as fair as a dumbass tweet.  People arent big on forgiveness and bygones and all that.  Every person now has access to global exposure and we have to start taking that into account.  

Act in haste, repent in leisure.  

Im not in a position to weigh in on the aunt jemima stuff, nor can I stop the company from changing their logo.  I'm free to own a poster of aunt jemima, though.  Die hard have their ways of keeping their treasured pancake lady.

I bet you can even have your name legally changed to Washington Redskin if you want. 

I'm fine with change and had no attachment to the things listed.

I just don't think society should be shaped by the loud crazy minority that's looking to score internet cool points.

I think that's how most anti-cancel culture people feel. Life is hard enough without having to feel guilty over made up drama or the sins of our great-great-great grandfathers.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raiders' Gruden Used Racist Trope in Email - Shake n Blake - 10-11-2021, 04:13 PM