Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Young Thinks The Bengals Can Beat The Patriots
(11-12-2015, 03:02 AM)EatonFan Wrote: The keys to the game vs. NE would be to take Edelman out and Bracket Gronk.  Both will still get some catches because they are that good.  Single coverage on Armendola and stopping the running game (would fall to two LBs and our D-line).  Now that would just slow them down.  We'd just have to outscore them to win and that is a tall order.

I think the Bengals matchup with NE and Dalton can play on the road.  He's proven that.  NE would still be favored, but with a break or two we could beat them.

(11-12-2015, 10:18 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Yes, taking away those 2 would be huge.  Easier said than done because they do all that motion with Edelman and run pick plays galore to get him open.  And those are such short pass plays and why Brady is able to get rid of the ball so quickly.  

They can be beaten but we can't get the cart before the horse.  8 more games to play and we'll have to win a bunch of them to get a 1 or 2 seed where we only need to win one home playoff game to get our chance.

Who Dey all the way!

I agree with you guys.  I think we can beat the Patriots, but we will have to stop Gronk and Edelman, which will be hard to do.  The d-line is going to have to get a lot of pressure, and fast. Hopefully Guenther comes up with something.

As much as I could see a high scoring game, I think we would need to run Gio and Hill as much as possible to keep the Patriots offense off the field.  We would just have to make sure we finish drives with touchdowns and not field goals. 

Let's just hope we keep playing the way we have been and get the chance to see what we can do against them.  But until then, let's take it one game at a time until we get to them!

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve Young Thinks The Bengals Can Beat The Patriots - PApinhead - 11-12-2015, 10:32 AM