Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
If Zac Taylor doesn't evolve, Joe Burrow and the Bengals' 2021 season is already over
(10-12-2021, 03:30 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: Can't imagine Mike fires him with the success he's having. So what's our best case scenario? I imagine he'd have to voluntarily step down as OC, because that's also not something I see ownership mandating. I guess we just hope he grows?

I see 3 options:
1) Taylor is let go at the end of the season - No way Mike Brown lets him go by the bye week unless he doesn't win a game between now and then
2) Taylor stays as HC but gives up playcalling duties next year - Doubt this happens unless Taylor chooses to do it himself.
3) Taylor stays both as HC and playcaller next year - Only way I see this happening is if the team ends up with a winning record and/or the offense jumps into the 10-15 range by season's end

I doubt the light bulb finally turns on for Taylor and he drastically improves, but maybe he will. Heck, Brian Daboll did it. Look how much better his offense is in BUF compared to his CLE days.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Zac Taylor doesn't evolve, Joe Burrow and the Bengals' 2021 season is already over - ochocincos - 10-12-2021, 05:15 PM
RE: If Zac Taylor doesn't evolve - Synric - 10-13-2021, 08:15 PM