Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Unvaxinated = the Taliban
(10-13-2021, 02:41 PM)Dill Wrote: Not clear. And our discussion now belongs here, where it is least likely to disturb others, not on the "Storming" thread.

That's fine, but don't worry, I don't intend for this to carry on very long.

Quote:I made no analogy between your Islam posts and Dino's cop posts. I merely responded to your claim that I "flipped a switch" when you called Islam an "ideology" which threatened Western values and civilization, and thus began my "negative" attitude towards you. I showed that the forum record doesn't bear out your version of events.

Yeah, it actually does, but you don't see it. 

Quote:The analogy would fail anyway because Dino does not generalize from the actions of some cops to the entire law enforcement profession,

This statement is as disingenuous as it is 100% bullshit.  At no point did I say every muslim is guilty of the same conduct as extremists.  By the same token GM absolutely does exactly that.  When you make thread after thread and post after post all deriding law enforcement you are doing exactly what you claim he is not.  How many thread and posts have I made about Islam.  How many posts and threads has GM made about law enforcement?  He can claim to support them al he wants, but it rings as hollow as a Klan member saying he doesn't actually hate black people.  His actions contradict this.  but again, Dill doesn't see it.

Quote:as you do when you double down on your "valid" criticism that Islam is an ideology which threatens Western Civilization and democracy. 

Does it not?  I've asked you before to show me a muslim majority country that doesn't treat women and homosexuals like garbage.  You ran from the question with your tail between you legs because you know a real answer would hurt your argument.

Quote:Recall your recent defense of our anti-democratic Right: "The rather insidious part of these types of discussions is the idea of the "preemptive strike" against those supposedly attempting to overthrow or subvert or Democracy.  After all, once we've been convinced that "X" group is trying to destroy the nation won't any (preemptive) action taken to stop them be totally justified?"(#9)
 http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Our-constitutional-crisis-is-already-here.

The risk of "preemptive strike" wildly over-exagerrated in your example, is exactly what has already followed from defining Muslims as threats to Western Civilization/democracy--everthing from Mosque shootings to anti-Sharia legislation to street assaults. The victims all harmless, law-abiding citizens.

An interestingly contradictory position on your part.  So you decry it when the target is muslims but wholeheartedly endorse it when the target is the right.  Seems to me like you're proving my point for me.

Quote:I have suggested analogies between US and Islamic conservatism, in a mode of social scientific comparison, not name calling. On this very thread I have argued we should be open, on the same principal, to Nazi comparisons, though I have not myself made any. You twist that into a pretext for name calling, then proclaim a "disgust" utterly absent when you assert that I support ISIS. Also I am not unwilling to condemn people who rape, torture and murder. I'm just not willing to call them "animals," as you do. I'll bet most of the posters you admire won't do that either. Finding my refusal "reprehensible" is hyperbolic, selective affect. 

A deliberate mischaracterization of my position.  As to calling members of ISIS animals, I would 100% bet you are wrong.  I am very comfortable claiming that most people would agree with me on that score.

Quote:These inconsistencies in your alleged standards look affect-driven, ad hoc. One day it feels good to identify list members with radical Islamist groups, then next day it feels better to ban even sociological comparisons involving such groups as "disgusting." 

Well, when you defend said extremists it's hard to draw a different conclusion.  However, within this there is an important distinction.  Labeling an individual is radically different than labeling a large group.

Quote:One day you worry that identifying anti-democratic traits in a group of US voters will open them to persecution, but the next you pursue that very tactic with a religious minority.

Another deliberate mischaracterization.  My main issue with islam is how it is practiced in muslim majority countries.  That does not apply here.

Quote:One day it feels great to condescend to other posters; another you feel it has happened to you and just plain wrong. 

You honestly could have been making this comment directly to yourself.

Quote:I suspect your claim that I have personally attacked you also proceeds from this undisciplined affect. Challenging your statements, often by juxtaposing them with other of your statements, makes you "feel" attacked. In any case, you have no actual examples of my personal attacks because there are none.  You'd have to inflate some ambiguity in a descriptive statement to get one. I don't call people on this list liars or hypocrites or faux-intellectuals or disgusting. Just don't.

No, you have your own way of insulting them.  I'm sure you feel better for the difference, but the result is the same.

Quote:Hyperbole accompanies all. Dino is "sexist" on the basis of one post and then a post later proclaimed "misogynist" on the same evidence. He posts on the erratic behavior of an anti-vaccine Republican candidate and is suddenly guilty of "tarring huge swathes of people with the same brush"--i.e., huge swathes of anti-vaxxers. 

Dino made an obviously sexist post.  I pointed it out.  If you disagree produce the post and explain why it isn't sexist.

Quote:Three attacks in one week, on three different threads, to which Dino does not respond. But HE makes interaction "without rancor" difficult?  This consistent harassment is way beyond that law enforcement "hypocrisy" you can NEVER allow to pass.

Attacks?  My you have some thin skin if you perceive calling out misogyny or a person minimizing racism as an attack.  I suppose if a Klan member made a racist post you'd simply sit back, nodding and smoking your pipe.  I'm sure you wouldn't call it out for what it is, right?

Quote:What I dislike about this situation is that Dino has only two choices, to ignore the harassment, or to address it, thus turning every thread into an accusatory digression. Seems he has chosen the former, which leaves you dogging him from thread to thread, looking for any pretext to charge him with some "hypocrisy" du jour, turning the topic to Dino's character and contravening the TOC.  Why ever would list members think he, rather than, you were the problem? 

I'll leave it at this.  I have issues with exactly three members; you, Fred and GM.  Fred is well known as a dishonest poster, hence his no longer being here.  GM has had more than his fair share of transgressions with the CoC.  You have had a hard on for me ever since I dared criticize Islam.  Aside from that I disagree, or agree, in a respectful manner.  The three of you receive what you engender.  I have witnessed, as have many others, the extreme bullying from your two buddies against posters who no longer post here because of it.  You think that almost complete lack of right leaning posters in this forum happened by pure chance?

You ignore or excuse any behavior by those you like.  You have contributed as much as anyone to the lack of ongoing discussion here, but will never, ever, realize or acknowledge it.  So keep fiddling while Rome burns and keep attempting to place the blame 100% on my shoulders.  I honestly couldn't care less.  If it wasn't for a few posters that I like staying in contact with I would have left this place to become the circle jerk echo chamber you have strived to create long ago.

But you keep doing you, Dill.  I know it's easier to accuse than reflect.  I see it all the time.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 08-30-2021, 03:48 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 08-30-2021, 07:04 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 08-31-2021, 03:14 AM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 08-30-2021, 03:05 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 08-30-2021, 02:33 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - CKwi88 - 08-30-2021, 06:17 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 09-01-2021, 02:44 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - GMDino - 09-03-2021, 05:25 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 08-31-2021, 01:39 AM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 08-31-2021, 09:12 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 09-01-2021, 02:30 AM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 09-01-2021, 04:54 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 09-07-2021, 07:27 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 09-08-2021, 05:22 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 10-13-2021, 02:41 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-13-2021, 05:38 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - GMDino - 10-14-2021, 03:42 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - GMDino - 10-15-2021, 09:06 AM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 10-15-2021, 01:11 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 10-14-2021, 11:24 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 10-15-2021, 12:37 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 10-14-2021, 11:26 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 10-15-2021, 12:23 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 08-31-2021, 11:29 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - CJD - 08-31-2021, 09:00 AM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 08-31-2021, 11:14 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 08-31-2021, 04:51 PM
RE: The Unvaxinated = the Taliban - Dill - 09-01-2021, 05:05 PM