Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renacci for Ohio Governor
(10-13-2021, 11:56 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I totally understand.
I've never met Parscale, so I have no real opinion on him.
I think the Trump-riding is a risky maneuver, but I understand it tactically. The establishment Republicans will stick with DeWine and the "old money". So if your gunning to win the primary, you try to attract the rebels. Renacci is in a battle with Blystone for those anti-establishment voters. A Trump endorsement would likely win him the primary. If he wins the primary, I say he pivots afterward. If it gets that far and he doesn't, please remind me how wrong I was. I know Renacci may have been BS-ing me in our private conversation, but why would he really worry about winning over a pee-on like me ? I feel as if it's more like he's making a play on the easy votes.
Meh... maybe I was just overly flattered he accepted my invitation, thanked me for running against Householder, and offered to help with my current campaign (to which I never asked for anything).
But... why be so kind to a blue-collar Independent who's running for City Council ? My life has been pretty strange these past two years.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

Here's why I don't like it from a personal experience from easily over a decade ago:

We had a guy running for county commissioner here.  Turned out he and his wife knew my wife so we even went to one of his "get to know me picnics".  He won one term, lost another and then he hooked up with another former commissioner who's claim to fame was he punched another commissioner in the nose years earlier when they were both on the board.  

He was the "rebel" and he promoted himself as such.

Grew up in the projects, joined the military, opened his own business!

Sadly his idea of "rebel" was to be an attention seeking a-hole.

So when the guy I knew ran WITH him I was disappointed.  By then my wife wasn't in contact with him but I wrote a letter to the editor about it.  Explaining there was a reason the former guy was voted out and that siding up to HIM just to try and get votes was going to bite him in the rear end.

The guy called my WIFE and said if I had a problem with him to contact him directly!  LMAO!

I told her he went through her when he could have as easily reached me and that if he's so thin-skinned he can't take any criticism in the paper he probably shouldn't run for office again.  

Anyway they both lost, neither was ever re-elected in all these years.

In my book if you can't run on your own merits and ideas you're just a political shill for the part or the guy whose coattails your riding.

Oh, I should add here for the more critical reader that these guys were both Democrats, as I am registered. Back then especially very few Republicans run for office though most people cross-register and the vast majority of positions run unopposed.  More recently we've had a lot of gop members get elected.

Before DJT it was because all the white guys got mad at all the "lazy welfare people" (only they didn't say it as politically correctly) in our county (the majority of which are white), then after Trump it was all about making America great again.  Same thing but with a shiny new slogan.  Smirk

They vote against their own best interests and then ***** incessantly about it.

And I've voted republican for a few positions because I knew them personally and they were trying to do what was best (in my mind) for the county).  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Renacci for Ohio Governor - Rotobeast - 10-06-2021, 10:46 PM
RE: Renacci for Ohio Governor - hollodero - 10-07-2021, 08:58 AM
RE: Renacci for Ohio Governor - CJD - 10-07-2021, 09:13 AM
RE: Renacci for Ohio Governor - Nately120 - 10-07-2021, 11:14 AM
RE: Renacci for Ohio Governor - Rotobeast - 10-07-2021, 12:56 PM
RE: Renacci for Ohio Governor - hollodero - 10-08-2021, 08:43 AM
RE: Renacci for Ohio Governor - Belsnickel - 10-08-2021, 07:25 AM
RE: Renacci for Ohio Governor - CKwi88 - 10-08-2021, 07:15 PM
RE: Renacci for Ohio Governor - Rotobeast - 10-08-2021, 09:40 AM
RE: Renacci for Ohio Governor - BmorePat87 - 10-13-2021, 09:57 AM