Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel bad for Higgins and Boyd
(10-19-2021, 11:16 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Yep, but other than Gronk or Edelman, most receivers were low draft picks and/or didn't stick around for a second contract.
So depending on if Higgins and/or Boyd wants more opportunities in an offense, they might look to play elsewhere after their current contract.
Again, it's not something that matters for 2022 or 2023 since they are both under contract, but the Bengals might need to look for another receiver (or two) for 2024.

I agree, we have a really nice set of our top 3 receivers.  However, if one of them were to go down on a prolonged injury, the passing strategy would certainly have to make some adjustments.  Who would fill the shoes of any of them?  Auden Tate is nice, but limited in his ceiling, when it comes to explosive plays.  Trenton Irwin?  He's tough as nails and can definitely hang onto the ball after hard contact, but his rep count with the 1st team just isn't there.

I would say that the Bengals likely spend mid round picks on WRs each of the next two drafts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I feel bad for Higgins and Boyd - Tony - 10-18-2021, 06:42 PM
RE: I feel bad for Higgins and Boyd - J24 - 10-18-2021, 02:11 PM
RE: I feel bad for Higgins and Boyd - Tony - 10-18-2021, 06:39 PM
RE: I feel bad for Higgins and Boyd - SunsetBengal - 10-19-2021, 08:27 PM