Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you won the lottery what you buying?
I'd give a huge chunk of it away. I definitely don't need that much money and my kids don't either. They wouldn't be able to handle sudden wealth and neither would I for that matter. I lived really poor most of my adult life, worked hard, physical labor jobs and so on. I absolutely have no need for that much loot, but I do have real plans if it ever happens to build cheap inexpensive houses in one town or community I start. 50 million won't go far then, but with 50 mil it's a hell of a lot easier to get bank financing for such things than if you only have $1000. When you're poor banks don't need you, but they damned sure need you if you're rich.
I've given such a community a great deal of thought...Not to far from high density urban areas, but not to close either. The houses go for low income people with definite strings attached, but it would be real housing and not just some overpriced rental for them.. Once that gets rolling so does money from other big dollar benefactors and blah, blah, blah.. In other words, do something to actually make a mark on this world instead of just vanity nonsense..
As far as drugs, booze, etc..I've done them already and spent years in treatment getting past that part of my life. I have no need to return to it. Bengals? Ehhh..I could easily afford to pay to watch them on TV anywhere in the world. I'm not much for crowds. Girls? I've had my share of drop dead gorgeous in my life. Now it's not nearly as important and it would definitely piss off the old woman in my life..
I would like a much better equipped workshop..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you won the lottery what you buying? - grampahol - 10-21-2021, 01:23 AM