Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Ravens game is all about Zac Taylor
(10-23-2021, 12:28 PM)Crow-Magnon Wrote: That may be true, but they sit at 5-1 atop the AFCN. They had 15 players on IR after the Raiders loss. 15. Including every starting RB, Pro Bowler Stanley at LT, as well as L.J. Fort, Derek Wolfe and Marcus Peters. Most teams would have been written off at that point and likely would be 2-4 vs 5-1. That’s good coaching.

Do the Ravens have the edge here as far as coaching is concerned? I’d say that’s a firm yes. Is it going to guarantee a victory tomorrow? Absolutely not. If predicting wins was that easy, we’d either all be millionaires or Vegas would be a ghost town. There are too many variables that come into play when two good teams play. Injuries, fluke turnovers, you name it.

But if it’s a straightforward game with nothing crazy happening, I think the Ravens coaching can make the difference tomorrow. That, as well as playing at home, and having #9 available for a clutch winning FG.

If the Ravens lose, they’ll be tied with Cincinnati (with Bengals up with the head-to-head tiebreaker). If they win, they’ll have a two-game lead in the division. Not bad considering that I thought the season was toast before it started. But win or lose, the Bengals have shown they have a good team so far in 2021. The Browns were the darling pick before the first kickoff. They’ve had some serious injuries as well. But I think they finish no better than third in the AFCN.

I don't think there's any doubt they have the better FO and coaching staff. I think the Bengals are getting closer but i don't know if they're at the point of contending with a focused Ravens team--this considering i give Lamar a bunch of crap for being a running QB. What he does opens up a lot of other stuff for that offense. 

The Bengals main hope has to be that Burrow is up for the task and the offense is able to keep pace with the Ravens O. 

It would be a very pleasant surprise if they came out of Baltimore with a win. 

P.S. I'm not sure if anyone has told you yet, but this particular forum is usually for Bengals fans only. I don't think it's going to be a big deal because you likely won't be here after this week, but if you do decide to stay there are other Ravens fans on board and they post pretty regularly in the other forums, "Around the NFL" "AFC North" "Smack talk" etc. So, check em out and stick around for a bit.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Ravens game is all about Zac Taylor - rfaulk34 - 10-23-2021, 03:16 PM