Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump: wages are 'too high'
(11-13-2015, 01:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Greed.

The rules of the game changed starting in the 1980's.

The haves always had more and had power, but they recognized that a well paid and happy work force meant something.

Then they decided the workers might get some more power too, and workers started wanting more and more, so they started the long process of breaking up the unions and lowering the standards of the workers.

Now we have an ever increasing gap in wages and wage growth and what we hear from the haves is its class warfare to complain about being stepped on.

Really.

The love of money is the root of all evil. And for some giving up a little to make a little more is too much to bear.

The problem is that there is no one cause, and while greed may be the root of it all, it really isn't something tangible that we can sink our teeth into and eliminate.

(11-13-2015, 01:25 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Middle class wages aren't going to the rich, it's going to China and India.  People trying to convince you otherwise are just hoping you'll vote for them under the misguided belief they can do something about it.

I literally want to beat math and economics out my head with a hammer so, I too, can believe all we have to do is tax the rich.

I think the reason it is so easy to look to the upper classes for where to direct the ire of the workers is because of the ever increasing wage gap, but also because those jobs getting shoved overseas is the result of decisions made by those in those upper classes. Be they executives or politicians, those decisions were made at levels above the pay grade of the average worker, while they are suffering from it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donald Trump: wages are 'too high' - Belsnickel - 11-13-2015, 01:58 PM