Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump: wages are 'too high'
(11-13-2015, 01:25 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Middle class wages aren't going to the rich, it's going to China and India.  People trying to convince you otherwise are just hoping you'll vote for them under the misguided belief they can do something about it.

I literally want to beat math and economics out my head with a hammer so, I too, can believe all we have to do is tax the rich.

Sorta, but not to the extent they are here. They are going there, but only as part of global income disparity.

It's not like a company spending $5 million in US worker salaries is shutting down domestic production and outsourcing it with a Chinese company to spend $5 million in Chinese worker salaries. They're spending a smaller percentage of what they're spending here and then using the rest as profit.

And there's nothing wrong with that. In my job, I almost always go with the cheapest source, be it labor or supplies. But I do give more consideration to local companies as they (hopefully) give me more consideration when I bid a product. Plus, it helps my overall local economy. If I go with a local office supply place for toner, I usually pay 10-30% more... but they in turn have employees who have jobs and are more likely to buy my product.

That's where the system is failing now. People are maximizing their profits (which is good) but there's no consideration to sustainable long term growth outside of their own company. And that's driving a lot of the reduced middle class which will eventually mean there is less revenue being spent across the board.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donald Trump: wages are 'too high' - Benton - 11-13-2015, 02:12 PM