Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump: wages are 'too high'
(11-13-2015, 01:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I guess my thing is that the buying power that the salary from a regular 9-5 (which is no longer 9-5, but 8-5 usually) has decreased so much over the decades. While the Boomers were being born, the average Joe working a full-time job could support a family. You didn't have to be highly educated, blue-collar jobs could make it work, too. Now, that's not the case. With wages not keeping up with inflation, and costs of certain things outpacing inflation, it has made it very difficult to support a family with jobs that once could. What the causes and solutions are to this problem, that's not something I have any real insights on. I just see that there is a problem, which seems to be a step further than some people care to admit.

Agreed.  Another side effect of this involves people who are fiscally responsible tend to put off settling down and having said family until they are financially stable (something that is taking longer these days) while the less secure or responsible are still reproducing at prior rates.  The short of it is that I'm bordering on 34 and I went to college with a number of people who are still unmarried and/or just now married and/or having kids and I went to high school with people who are becoming grandparents.

Eep!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donald Trump: wages are 'too high' - Nately120 - 11-13-2015, 02:50 PM