Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I think a lot of you have forgotten. . .
(10-25-2021, 12:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  They are not.

Nothing that happens in the future will take away the joy you feel right now.

If your wife died next week would that tragedy make your entire marriage meaningless?

It has nothing to do with enjoying the game today, which i and everyone that's a Bengals fan did. 

At the end of the year, you can even re-watch and enjoy the individual games for years to come, which i do often on GamePass and Youtube. 

As far as "meaningful" goes, if that's all you care about, regular season wins, they're not meaningless. If you desire playoff wins and championships, they're "meaningless", as in they didn't amount to the goals you hoped to achieve. 

Meaningless isn't this big ole, mean, universe-swallowing word you're trying to make it out to be. The world isn't as black and white as you sometimes try to make it. There's a lot of grey in this life. 

Your analogy missed the mark by a mile. When my son died in 2013 it didn't make his life meaningless because there's no real end goal to life except to live it the best you can and try to live as long as you can. In the NFL, there is a static, end of season goal; to be a champion. Everything that happens before then matters, until you fail to win that last game. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think a lot of you have forgotten. . . - rfaulk34 - 10-25-2021, 12:27 AM