Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I think a lot of you have forgotten. . .
(10-24-2021, 11:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Regular season wins are meaningless.  We can't be happy about this win or enjoy any of this until we see if we win a playoff game this year.

So everyone wipe those smiles off your faces and go back to whining and moaning about THIRTY-ONE YEARS.

CryRantGaahCry

I think the popular message "championship or bust" or even "playoff victory or bust" is off base for fans.
If I were on the team and actually contributing to the team winning and losing, I would probably have a championship or bust attitude.

But as fans with zero impact on the outcome, I think "enjoying the process" is the best objective to have.
In that light, this game was meaningful.  I sure enjoy watching gameday highlights and listening to radio recaps a lot more when my team is winning.  I live in Hawaii.  My friends know I am a long suffering Bengal fan, but they text me after a win like this to say things like your team sure looked good today.  Wins like today make the fan process/experience enjoyable.  Even our Reds were competitive (peaking at 12 games over .500), but didn't make the playoffs (Sept was bad).  That didn't make the process of following the Reds all summer meaningless.  

Don't get me wrong, winning playoff games or World Series makes the process exponentially better, but it isn't everything.  I am almost 60.  I saw the Reds win a few WS, I saw the Bengals lose a couple Super Bowls.  My Hoosiers have won 3 NCAA bball championships...winning it all is the best, but as a fan it isn't everything.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think a lot of you have forgotten. . . - Goodcardz - 10-25-2021, 04:43 AM