Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I think a lot of you have forgotten. . .
(10-25-2021, 05:24 AM)kevin Wrote: PS : I notice your Charles Bukowski quote.  The things of his I would like to quote would get me barred forever.  His short stories of drinking, gambling, sex ,going broke, taking lousy jobs and more drinking are rough and he curses like a sailor.  Some of his stuff is very funny.  Some of his stuff is very great short stories.  Yes some of his best lines are so rough, I could never post them on here.  When his books have titles such as, " Tales Of Ordinary Madness ",  and story titles such as ' No Horse BLANK Horse Advise ',  and BLANK is a deleted word...His are not the stories for The Woke Generation.  One of his great lines is about how he had ignored the aches and pains of his drinking, until now in the hospital his aches and pains refused to be ignored.  Besides a lot of curse words, there is some very good writing in some of his works, although some critics disagree.  Some to me are very funny as Lenny Bruce or George Carlin. His funniest stuff too rough to be quoted. His books are not easy to find, but some book stores still dare to carry him.  So I considered following your Bukowski quote with one that I would like, but it would have too many curse words.  So I will just stick with my GO BENGALS ending.

If you like Bukowski then you have to read John Fante.  A couple of his books have been made into movies ("Ask the Dust", "Wait Until Spring, Bandini"), but he is still not very well known.

Bukowski is both hilarious, and dead serious with his social commentary. One of my all time favorite authors.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think a lot of you have forgotten. . . - fredtoast - 10-25-2021, 11:19 AM