Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The moment that turned the tide
(10-25-2021, 11:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunlap was a consumate professional and produced at a very high level for two different head coaches that have long winning careers in the NFL.

Wonder why our defense sucked last year when everyone was "willing to sacrifice personal accolades for the betterment of the unit".

Dunlap did not care about personal stats.  He just wanted to win.

I'm just going off what was reported. He was quoted as saying he didn't understand what they were doing, and then there more than a few instances of him just mailing it in on the field....which is what ultimately got him benched. As it looks now, the inside eats up blocks, and the ends play a lot of contain, and they use sure tackling corners to make tackles outside and they free up the backers. Hendrickson and Hubbard (and Lawson to an extent) have/had no issues producing in this scheme. Either Los had age catch up with him, or he just didn't want to play here anymore. Either way, it's looking better here, and a tad gloomier than usual in Seattle. I appreciate Carlos for all he did here, but that last bit was bush league. That said, I won't dwell on the negative, and appreciate the good memories. However, I'm not gonna just overlook that.

(10-25-2021, 11:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Geno will probably never play in the NFL again.  If he does it certainly won't be here.  He was one of the best 3T DTs in the league throughout his career then last year our genius defensive coaches decided to move him to a new position head up over the Center.

We were razor thin at DT.... without him playing hurt all year, I'm not sure we had enough to even field a Dline. Geno may be finished, but he soldiered through it until he couldn't last year. Reader and Ogunjobi look good out there this year though, and we've got a top 5 unit so far. How stupid are these guys? Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The moment that turned the tide - SHRacerX - 10-25-2021, 07:44 AM
RE: The moment that turned the tide - CJD - 10-25-2021, 09:27 AM
RE: The moment that turned the tide - CJD - 10-25-2021, 10:26 AM
RE: The moment that turned the tide - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-25-2021, 02:42 PM
RE: The moment that turned the tide - Tony - 10-25-2021, 11:15 PM