Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The offense is starting to take on Burrow's personality
(10-25-2021, 05:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: The one thing Andy was never quite able to do (and I was and am a big proponent of what he did for us) was become the emotional template for the offense. Burrow is doing it, and each week we see the offense taking on Burrow's own traits, They are smarter out there, tougher minded, confident without being cocky and aggressive. They are starting a bit to think like their QB, and that is something only the best QBs typically can accomplish.

That's how you see things like against Jax Burrow calls an audible into a play they hadn't even practiced and just assumes CJ will know what to do  - and he was right! He trusts his people to know what to do. He did similar stuff Sunday with both Chase and Uzo (again). The last Bengal QB to truly pull this off was actually Boomer.

Absolutely

This is what has me excited about (hopefully) making the playoffs. The regular season is about winning enough games to make the playoffs - once you're in anything can happen.  We've seen 6th seeded teams go on and win.

Burrow plays his best under the brightest lights and when the pressure is on. If the offense continues to take on his personality, then in the playoffs I wouldn't bet against him and this team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The offense is starting to take on Burrow's personality - DesertBengal - 10-25-2021, 06:41 PM