Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The moment that turned the tide
(10-25-2021, 11:15 PM)Tony Wrote: I still can't believe the defense is this good.. Even Apple.. I know he gets a lot of shit, but he's settled in nice.. I lived seeing Hilton run down the sideline with Chase. I just love this team. I don't know omif we have ever had a team this tight.. Zac and Burrow are changing the Culture here fast... No ones surprised about winning, just talking about getting better and they expect to win. Logan saying ahit about lamar, Evan McPherson and Burrow talking about blowing teams out.. These guys don't give a **** about history they had nothing to do with....

Good point, and one of my fav new additions, Mr. Hendrickson, spoke about that in an early interview.  When mentioned about their playoff win drought, he said something to the effect of "Yeah, I know about it, but we are an entirely different team now", but I love what he added next:

"I know the history and I want to be a part of what changes it, and writes our own history of success".  I think he had me at that line.  The only other guy I remember saying how he wanted to be a part of what turned the tide and made a historically losing franchise a winner was Kurt Warner.  

Kurt didn't whine about wanting to play for a winner.  Nor did he complain about taking a shit ton of hits in Mike Martz's QB-killing system.  He would stare down the gun barrel, wait for the WR to make their last break, deliver the ball on target, and get blown up.  One of the toughest SOB's I have ever seen.  He also went on to take two of the losingest franchises to Super Bowls (Rams and Cards) and he won one.  Those franchises are not jokes any more.

There is a movie coming out this Christmas about his life story.  You can bet I will be there, even though I could tell it.  I absolutely love that man.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The moment that turned the tide - SHRacerX - 10-25-2021, 07:44 AM
RE: The moment that turned the tide - CJD - 10-25-2021, 09:27 AM
RE: The moment that turned the tide - CJD - 10-25-2021, 10:26 AM
RE: The moment that turned the tide - Tony - 10-25-2021, 11:15 PM
RE: The moment that turned the tide - SHRacerX - 10-26-2021, 08:31 AM