Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Eli Apple puts Goodberry on notice
(10-26-2021, 09:08 AM)motoarch Wrote: At 44 I'm finally starting to get that maybe I'm not just getting out of touch but have maybe been out of touch for a while.

Im okay with that.  I still feel young but man do I have my "get of my lawn" moments.

Now the struggle is to have enough self reflectance to not end up being that guy while also not pretending to be cool.  Cause Im not and my kids don't need that.; they need me to be not cool.

Dead on.  It is ALL about being the parent they need, but not the one they think they want.  My youngest is in his senior year and we just finished all the recruiting and college application stuff (damn, it is a TON of work now).

One thing I try to convey to my kids, as I feel like their lives have MUCH more stress than ours did growing up, is that they don't need to be nervous or anxious about anything.  It is never THAT BAD.  Just do your best, and that is almost always enough.  Be kind to others, and get rid of people in your life that aren't.  Lastly, choose a career that you have a passion for and not just something that pays the bills or you will be miserable most of the time.  

Thread, derailed.  Sorry.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eli Apple puts Goodberry on notice - SHRacerX - 10-26-2021, 09:36 AM