Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Photo Exposes Police Cover-up of the Fatal Shooting of Jermaine McBean
(06-02-2015, 02:30 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: It just seems to me that it takes a certain type of person to want to be a cop.  Maybe I'm jaded (I've never been in any real trouble), but I feel like people that want to be cops, feel like they need to have control and power over others, rather than "serve and protect".  Honestly I feel we are overly policed.  I don't know if this statistic is true or not, but I've heard that this country has one of the most imprisoned populations in the democratic free world (thanks to the war on drugs).  And don't even get me started on traffic violations, which I believe is just a way to generate revenue and be a general pain in peoples asses. :snark:

/rant

I have no doubt that there exists those people in law enforcement, but I think most people go into law enforcement for many reasons.  It's a family thing, it's basically a decent paying job with chance for promotion, it has to be interesting, it's challenging, and some people just want to serve and be helpful. 

My fantasy job is a homicide cop, but I realized two things.  I don't think I could handle the tragedy, and two, it's not so much about solving a crime through clues like tracking down a serial killer in a novel. It is wearing out shoe leather, pounding the keys on a computer and interviewing a billion people who don't want to be interviewed.  The monotony of the investigation has to be mind numbing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Photo Exposes Police Cover-up of the Fatal Shooting of Jermaine McBean - michaelsean - 06-03-2015, 02:21 PM