Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Eli Apple puts Goodberry on notice
(10-26-2021, 09:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I remember being somewhat shocked when I learned that my kids wouldn't learn to write in cursive.  Ok, that makes me old, too.  But almost everything is typed or texted so I guess I get it.  You are right, though, with spell check, why is it always so bad?  

It's a dying artform for sure, but my kids are learning cursive at school (charter school) so it's still there, just not typically taught.  In fact, my kids' school makes them hand-write everything.  They don't get to use computers to type up their final papers (but yes, they do learn to type and do a lot of their pre-work on them so they're not going to leave school coming out from under some rock).  

The way he tweeted that is just so much of the current "internet speak".  I've got coworkers, adult professionals, in their 20s that will write that way on social media, but are still able to craft a perfectly coherent and correct work email.  So I'm not losing faith in the younger generation yet... 

I love seeing the swagger, though.  Such a crucial piece of a defense in my opinion.  That confidence that you're going to deliver every game.  And if there's a bad play, shake it off and come back harder.  This defense really seemed to lack that confidence for a while, and seeing it back is a breath of fresh air! 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eli Apple puts Goodberry on notice - MileHighGrowler - 10-26-2021, 11:44 AM