Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals at New York Jets Predictions
(10-26-2021, 11:47 AM)PhilHos Wrote: People were calling earlier games trap games. I didn't think so. However, coming off a HUGE win in Baltimore, I can see the possibility of overlooking the Jets and having to fight to win the game.

That said, I don't think the players nor coaching staff are overlooking the Jets. We have not been a winning team under this coaching staff and I don't think they will take ANY team lightly.

I don't see us putting 50 + on the Jets because I think we'll pull our starters mid-way thru the 3rd.

Bengals win 34-9

Not mid way thru the 3rd.  Not in the NFL.  That's done sometimes in college.  NFL Teams can score too fast.  That would be taking the foot off the gas peddle too early.  Against the Lions and Ravens, the Bengals got some starters out at the right time in middle of the 4th quarter.  The 3rd quarter in an NFL Game is too risky, these Pro Teams can score fast. Lets say 34 to 9, take starters out and Jets score fast and get 2 point conversion and now 34 to 17 still in 3rd quarter. Now you have to put the starters back in.  That stuff is OK in college, but not in the NFL.  I'm thinking the same type score as you, but with starters coming out midway through the 4th quarter. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals at New York Jets Predictions - kevin - 10-26-2021, 12:24 PM