Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The offense is starting to take on Burrow's personality
(10-25-2021, 05:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: The one thing Andy was never quite able to do (and I was and am a big proponent of what he did for us) was become the emotional template for the offense. Burrow is doing it, and each week we see the offense taking on Burrow's own traits, They are smarter out there, tougher minded, confident without being cocky and aggressive. They are starting a bit to think like their QB, and that is something only the best QBs typically can accomplish.

That's how you see things like against Jax Burrow calls an audible into a play they hadn't even practiced and just assumes CJ will know what to do  - and he was right! He trusts his people to know what to do. He did similar stuff Sunday with both Chase and Uzo (again). The last Bengal QB to truly pull this off was actually Boomer.

I wont try to dig up the post but around draft time I made some stupid comment out Burrow being too cocky and I thought it would hold him back as a pro.  He made me nervous that he could end up being a bust.

I was so incredibly wrong about this kid.

He puts in the work and know what it takes to to win.  He doesn't dwell on mistakes but he learns from them.

I firmly believe the work ethic he puts in and the the effort you see him make on every single play has had a positive impact with his teammates and brought the best out of them.

Obviously the organization has surrounded him with talent built a good team for him but there is a lot to be said for how much team chemistry matters and how without it all the talent in the world can fail.

It's not as obvious with football but you can see it in the NBA.  Every year some city try's to buy a championship.  Sometimes they succeed, sometimes they fail.  Some players bring out the best in each other and some the worst.  It's not always true but it certainly helps.

Someones going to rattle off a list of exceptions now and thats fine.  You have it your way.  I for one and really happy to see this team having fun and giving each other credit for making block that opened up a TD or some other aspect of the game where their success was a byproduct of someone else's effort. 

These guys want to win together and I think Burrows attitude and emotional maturity are a big part of that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The offense is starting to take on Burrow's personality - motoarch - 10-26-2021, 01:21 PM