Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The offense is starting to take on Burrow's personality
(10-26-2021, 01:21 PM)motoarch Wrote: I wont try to dig up the post but around draft time I made some stupid comment out Burrow being too cocky and I thought it would hold him back as a pro.  He made me nervous that he could end up being a bust.

I was so incredibly wrong about this kid.

He puts in the work and know what it takes to to win.  He doesn't dwell on mistakes but he learns from them.

I firmly believe the work ethic he puts in and the the effort you see him make on every single play has had a positive impact with his teammates and brought the best out of them.

Obviously the organization has surrounded him with talent built a good team for him but there is a lot to be said for how much team chemistry matters and how without it all the talent in the world can fail.

It's not as obvious with football but you can see it in the NBA.  Every year some city try's to buy a championship.  Sometimes they succeed, sometimes they fail.  Some players bring out the best in each other and some the worst.  It's not always true but it certainly helps.

Someones going to rattle off a list of exceptions now and thats fine.  You have it your way.  I for one and really happy to see this team having fun and giving each other credit for making block that opened up a TD or some other aspect of the game where their success was a byproduct of someone else's effort. 

These guys want to win together and I think Burrows attitude and emotional maturity are a big part of that.

Awesome post. Always respect posters who can bring up when they were wrong and admit it later. I remember being in those
discussions with you and others and I saw a confident swag in Burrow that he has shown here. He just knows he will put in the
work and is always trying to be the best no matter what. This is what you want in every player, they are just really rare.

I think Joelist and most of us are correct that this is rubbing off on the rest of the team and vice versa when our D is playing its
ass off for us.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The offense is starting to take on Burrow's personality - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-26-2021, 04:48 PM