Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After rewatching the game...observations:
1.) CJ Uzomah had GREAT acceleration to get space from Humphry after swatting him out of the way. I'm sure he would have caught him if it was a long distance, but he exploded after that swat. I didn't realize in real time how quick he accelerated.

2.) The third and short play where Mixon was lined up outside Burrow and Perine was behind him and they made the decision to run Perine in to an 8 man wall, NO ONE went with Mixon. That play may be there for the taking next time against any other opponent. That was the first time I saw a formation with both Mixon and Perine in the backfield. I think it that was Mixon behind Burrow and EVANS as the option, it makes the play even tougher to defend.

3.) Statistically, Logan Wilson didn't stand out. No sacks, no INTs, etc. Watching again, he made a HUGE hit on Lamar in space (at full speed) on 3rd and 23 to prevent him from scrambling for a few more yards and allowing them to try a FG. He forced a punt. I also saw Wilson hit Lamar two other times, in space, and hit him pretty hard. Those hits paid dividends in the end.

4.) ADG had some serious speed running sideline-to-sideline on a number of plays.

5.) Higgins mistimed his jump on a deep pass that would have been an easy pass interference if he stopped and jumped straight up, as the defender was beat and not looking for the ball at all. I am sure his receivers coach will cover that in practice. He is getting open, the ball was just a little underthrown. The play where he spun like a top was PI and pathetic not to be called.

6.) The play late in the first half where Ja'Marr was hit (in stride) on a crossing route was a thing of beauty. As he was cutting and sprinting across the field, he picked up a new Raven defender about every 7 yards. He had three trailing him by the time he reached the sideline. They never even touched him. He slowed down and hurdled a guy laying on the ground that I believe Higgins blocked to the turf. It wasn't the biggest catch of his during the game, but, man, was it beautiful.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
After rewatching the game...observations: - SHRacerX - 10-26-2021, 06:07 PM