Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Let's talk some Jackson Carman
(10-26-2021, 04:51 PM)Synric Wrote: Jackson Carman got alot of unfair criticism during the offseason but this was a 5 star high ceiling draft pick. Through 4 1/2 games Carman has had some ups and downs but he is showing alot of upside for the future.

Jackson Carman is a work in progress like most rookie Offensive Linemen but he is showing to be a scheme versatile right guard that is improving every single week.

I deleted the videos because you already shared them but wanted to reply to you directly.

A little reminder to you (although we are on the same side and supporting this kid) and others about Carman:

The guy had a herniated disc with 5 games to go his Senior year.  The smart thing to do was to shut it down, get surgery, and get ready for the combine.  Not this guy.  Not Jackson Carman.  He chose to have injections before games and try to win a National Championship.  Remember, he had already won one there.  He wanted to finish the season and play for the title.  

Up until the point of his surgery, he had one penalty and no sacks given up all season.  After the injury, he gave up five. That might have hurt his draft stock, not to mention that delaying his surgery prevented him from participating in the combine and the Clemson Pro Day.

He shows up to Cincy (allegedly, no one came out and said this) in less-than-desirable shape.  He gets called out by coaches and gets demoted behind D'Ante Smith and (PUKE) Mike Jordan.  

He didn't whine and cry (see, Dunlap?).  He didn't attack the coaches publicly.  He didn't give up.  He quietly stayed after practice EVERY DAY and put in extra work to catch up on his technique and conditioning.  

Has he been Quinten Nelson from Day 1?  No, not even close.  But he is ascending, and I love his character. 

Why am I going over this story again?  Because I just herniated a disc a few weeks ago and it SUCKS ASS.  I am being told of what it will be like post surgery.  I will be able to drive AFTER TWO WEEKS.  I will be able to lift heavy from bending in SIX MONTHS.  Wow.  This guy was at OTAs, what, three months after the surgery?  I get the conditioning, and I get that he is catching up every week.  We have gotten his best games against pitt and Baltimore.  Remember how so many players seemed to have their worst games against those two?  

I just wanted to say I am thrilled he is our RG and the future looks very bright for him.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Let's talk some Jackson Carman - Synric - 10-26-2021, 04:51 PM
RE: Let's talk some Jackson Carman - jj22 - 10-26-2021, 05:32 PM
RE: Let's talk some Jackson Carman - Au165 - 10-26-2021, 05:39 PM
RE: Let's talk some Jackson Carman - SHRacerX - 10-26-2021, 06:30 PM
RE: Let's talk some Jackson Carman - Stewy - 10-28-2021, 03:01 PM
RE: Let's talk some Jackson Carman - Stewy - 10-28-2021, 07:11 PM
RE: Let's talk some Jackson Carman - wanga - 10-26-2021, 08:16 PM
RE: Let's talk some Jackson Carman - Dr.Z - 10-27-2021, 11:37 AM
RE: Let's talk some Jackson Carman - pally - 10-27-2021, 06:55 PM