Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2 minutes before half and the 2nd half
(10-25-2021, 08:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: As I stated in another thread, I don’t think these guys are fully clicking yet. They’re going to keep improving and that’s scary for the entire NFL.

That’s absolutely right. The play calling is still somewhat suspect and the offensive line, while greatly improved, still has a long way to go. On defense there are missed tackles here and there and the occasional tight end still goes uncovered.

These are easy problem to solve. Fundamentally, this is the most sound Bengals team I’ve seen since 2015. The blocking technique is better and the tackling technique is vastly improved. Only the Packers’ Randall Cobb and the Ravens’ Hollywood Brown have managed to get over the top of the secondary. That’s not too bad.

In my opinion the upcoming game against the Jets will be crucial. Will Cincinnati play down to the weaker opponent’s level or play just as hard as they did against Baltimore? I know Cleveland comes to town in two weeks but looking past the Jets to face the Browns would be extremely unwise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2 minutes before half and the 2nd half - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-26-2021, 11:23 PM