Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stephen A re: Bengals in AFC championship game
(10-28-2021, 09:26 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I'm a Saints fan... of course I know the history and how much you guys have been overlooked! Y'all are media darlings. Don't be like me and be in denial. Embrace that sh*t

It's odd how teams have reputations for being historically bad until they don't.  Well, I guess it's not that odd.  The Buccaneers were a laughable franchise, well known for having a season with zero wins.  They sucked pretty much every year until Dungy came along and built that defense.  Now they have 2 titles.  Your Saints were thought of as bottom feeders as well, with an owner almost as maligned as Mike Brown until they took a chance on Brees and won a title.  The Patriots weren't quite a laughingstock, but absolutely no one would have thought they would become the gold standard of winning over two full decades before 2000.  They were nowhere close to a blue blood franchise, now they're arguably the greatest ever and became so in a short time.

Teams climb out of the gutter every so often.  Call it luck or flat out a matter of time and percentage, but it happens.  Regardless of history, there's no reason it can't happen for the Bengals, too.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stephen A re: Bengals in AFC championship game - samhain - 10-28-2021, 09:50 PM