Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing supposedly bad teams a question..
(11-01-2021, 06:01 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The Vikings are actually a decent team, despite having a losing record.the Jags, Jets and Bears are all legitimately bad teams, though. Those games sting, but it is an example of the volatility in the NFL.

Volatile yes, but struggling and losing to both is bad and may say something about game preparation. It's quite possible we play down to other teams levels. IIRC, Marvin had that issue too. I want us to be a team that puts the foot on the gas on the opening kickoff and is not afraid to win 50-3. We were horrible in the middle yesterday too. Believe me, I'm not bashing the Bengals. I think they are capable of so much more but one bad game against a bad team and losing is tolerable. Doing it twice in the first half of the season adds questions. I don't care what anyone says, I believe these guys looked ahead to Cleveland and thought this game would be easy. They fed into the media hype all week and convinced themselves they were the best in the NFL. Swagger is good, ego is not. So hopefully this loss wakes them up and we can move forward in strong fashion.

(11-01-2021, 06:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Playing on the road is tough in the NFL. The Bengals just had 3 road games in a row and went 2-1. The Good news is they only have 3 road games left and 6 home games.

I didn't realize this. Thanks for the info. This is truly good news in light of yesterday's outing. I think we wake up and beat the hell out of Cleveland this week. I feel these guys genuinely feel horrible about the loss and each player feels responsible. I hope the coaches feel that way too.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Playing supposedly bad teams a question.. - HarleyDog - 11-01-2021, 06:32 PM