Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Starting to think the NFL is rigged
(11-01-2021, 05:29 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It's inevitable.  First comes 'the refs are out to get us,' which then evolves into 'the entire league is out to get us.'  

Like, the owners are all sitting around in a smoke-filled basement Saturday night, when one of them turns to Mike and says "Mikey boy, you ready for your team to play patsy again this Sunday?  They should crush the Jets, sure, but we can't let your small market team roll a team in the media capitol of the world, now can we?  What will it take to make you happy this time?"

"Well, fellas, just as long as I have enough to cover my nut for the week, I'll be good.  And, of course, enough left over so I can get my traditional late-Sunday dinner of a single Wendy burger and cup of water.  Oh, and enough for a Mike's car wash, too.  Since I won't get a free wash for a Bengals win, I'll have to pay to get the Caprice washed."

And, end scene.

Rolleyes
I’m not willing to say that the league is fixed but why is it so hard to think there is a bias.  Mike Brown has historically been a pain in the ass owner to the league—often being a contrarian on league votes.  Goodell is a vindictive prick.  You really believe this Gruden stuff wasn’t a Goodell vendetta?  Not in any way defending Gruden, but nobody can seriously believe he is the only guilty party here.   Why is it difficult to believe the NFL has targeted the Bengals and Mike Brown?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting to think the NFL is rigged - fisherscatfan - 11-01-2021, 08:16 PM