Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I Saw Bengals Telegraphing Offense Plays To Jets Defense
(11-02-2021, 10:44 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Cincinnati snaps the ball with an average of 7.47 seconds on the play-clock, good for 29th in the league. Basically, they are slow rolling. The fastest team in the league (Dallas) snaps it with an average of 10.9 seconds on the play-clock. So, not a huge discrepancy. I don’t think this is affecting things much.

EDIT - Yeah, the NFL average is 8.5 seconds. Cincinnati is a second slower. This is nothing.

It is something.  Going super slow got Mixon blown up and sent to the bench.  That Jets QB playing in his first game was working faster, and he was the one that had Bengals Defense huffing and puffing trying to keep up.  You say Bengals are one of the slowest teams in the NFL, but you say it is nothing.  I say it is something and when I can be at home and see what Bengal plays are coming, you know the defense can.  Joe Burrow is better in a Fast Offense and it was a waste to draft Burrow and Chase if the 30 year losing Bengals are going to continue to go at Turtle Speed.  It Is Something.  Bengals are not putting Burrow in the right offense to win if you agree Bengals are one of the slowest offenses in the NFL.  Plus again, they telegraph way too many plays to the defense before the ball is snapped by going so slow. Mixon got blown up for one reason only, the play took too long to snap the ball, and Jets were all over Mixon as he took the hand-off. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Saw Bengals Telegraphing Offense Plays To Jets Defense - kevin - 11-02-2021, 11:08 AM