Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Biden's Paying Illegal Immigrant Families......
(11-02-2021, 05:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I wish I could disagree with you.  I can recall several instances of my being exposed to new information or positions on this board.  Bel has talked me off the ledge regarding the difference between a CA Democrat and a VA one, although I don't think the gap is as large as it once was.  The trend now is to ignore what you can't refute or dunk on people who have an odd or less than factual take.  I'm not a fan of a large percentage of Brad's positions, but his threads seem to be the only ones that attract attention, and that largely just to "dunk on him".  Oh well, I suppose you can only do what you can do.

Admittedly, I do often check into and comment on Brad's threads more than others. When I see a new thread from Brad, my first thought it usually "Okay, let's see what crazy thing Brad is overreacting to today." It's hard to ignore such low hanging fruit. Very easy dunking material, if you will.

The truth is a lot of politics are frustrating, sad or depressing. The Rittenhouse trial, for example (literally, just an example. Don't want to derail the conversation), is one that I don't heavily comment on because, while I don't think those people deserved to be killed, especially since they appear to have been unarmed (at least initially) and I think bringing a gun to a place that you know will be volatile with emotions running high is literally asking for trouble, I also understand that Kyle is a young man and, whether or not he should have brought the gun, he did (and having that gun was arguably legal, depending on the whole state lines discussion...). And, in that moment when he was being chased (prior to the first shot), he was probably panicking and fearing what would happen to him if the guy (who was crazy enough to chase after a guy with a ***** gun strapped to his chest) was able to take his gun away from him. He probably considered it a life or death situation, which it likely was. So was he justified in that moment in killing that guy (and the subsequent people who later attacked him after he killed the first guy)? I would say a hard...probably? But I also think he shouldn't have been there and definitely shouldn't have brought a gun in the first place. So what's the correct outcome to this trial?

It's that moral gray area that makes it more frustrating to talk about than enlightening because, obviously, nothing we say in this forum will have any impact on the outcome of that trial anyway. Whether he is found guilty or not will depend largely on who happens to be sitting in the jury. 

So....yea. When my options are depressing moral gray areas and dunking on Brad, it's difficult to choose the former haha.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's Paying Illegal Immigrant Families...... - CJD - 11-02-2021, 05:32 PM